Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Three Nasty Dog Stories

1. Teddy doesn't come in from his after-work potty trip. He bounds. Jumping, lurching, anything boisterous. He is overly excited about getting his dinner and can barely (no, he can't) contain himself. Seventy five pounds of hairy enthusiasm. Today, as I was struggling to contain him and also remain upright, he started hacking. Teddy has always had a bit of a hack at times, so I calmly said, "Stop it." in a stern voice and continued to his dinner station. About an hour later, while walking into the kitchen to make my own dinner, I noticed a little bit of puppy urp by the fridge. Gag.

2. Teddy has developed some food allergies. This was only a matter of time given his breed. Some dogs develop hot spots with allergies, others have digestive issues. With Teddy, the biggest problem is his ears. Basically a yeast infection, but in dogs the inside of his ears gets coated with this dark brown scum. The only way to clean it out is the special ear cleaner and a tissue, which is Teddy's least favorite thing in the whole world. Last time, he knew I was after the right ear which is the worst one, so he sat down in front of the screen door and pressed that ear against the glass. Anyway, the gook is really gross and smells...yeasty. Ick.

3. I was leaning over Teddy to put his leash on before our walk. I usually fasten his harness around his middle then give him a hug and some pats on the sides. We left the house and as I was turning my iPod on, I noticed this disgusting booger-y blog on my t-shirt. While hugging Teddy, his eye booger had transferred to my shirt. Ewww.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Ew, ew, ew! The eye winkie is the grossest one. Yak!