Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
- Should I go to Albertsons instead of Safeway? "Why not? I'm young! I'm awesome! I'm 34!"
- Should I order something other than the Oriental Chicken Salad at Applebees? "Why not? I'm young! I'm awesome! I'm 34!"
- Should I wear shoes other than clogs or sneakers? "Why not? I'm young! I'm awesome! I'm 34!" (Note, I won't do this one because other shoes can really hurt my feet and I don't want to spend the next day hobbling around. I may be awesome but I still have good sense.)
- Should I wear a patterned shirt instead of a solid? "Why not? I'm young! I'm awesome! I'm 34!"
- Should we go out to dinner at a restaurant that doesn't offer a coupon AND eat after 7pm? "Why not? I'm young! I'm awesome! I'm 34!"
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Bill went to the Duck game on Saturday with his friend. I stayed home for two very important reasons. First, I had a first birthday party to attend and it was AWESOME!! Second, I didn’t want to go this time. Late night November games means that it is cold and usually rainy. I’m a fair weather fan.
It was a really late game too. Kick off was 7:20 which means that the game wasn’t over until after 10:30. Add an hour to get back to your car and get out of the parking lot plus a two hour drive and that equals Bill not expected home until after 1:30 in the morning.
Normal people would have gone to bed. I’m not normal, so I knew that it was going to be a late night.
A lot of people asked me if I couldn’t sleep because Bill was gone. That isn’t exactly the problem. If Bill had been staying all night in Eugene, I would have been fine: bed at 10:30, sleep till 7. But knowing he would be coming home, I couldn’t relax. I went to bed, but I kept needing to check the clock. I tried to sleep, I really did, but I was too anxious. If I dozed for a little bit, I’d wake and my heart would start racing.
It isn’t that I’m worried about being home alone. I have deadbolts, an alarm system and a perfectly intimidating golden retriever fast asleep in his crate. I’m just nervous about Bill. I am an expert at playing the “What If?” game and driving home in the middle of the night after a football game is loaded with what ifs.
Luckily, little sleep for both of us meant nothing more than a lazy Sunday. But it was annoying. Annoying because I worried myself sleepless and more annoying because I knew it was going to happen.
It was a valiant effort. My goal to post every day for the month of November was not achieved, and I’m really disappointed about it. But...
I really thought I posted yesterday! I composed the post in my mind, went over it, made changes, the whole bit. The only thing I forgot to do was write it out and post it. If you’d asked me yesterday if I posted, I think I would have said yes. Does that count for anything?
Since none of you all voted (did you notice I took the poll down? Anyone?) then I suppose my missed post really only matters to me. I’m a very forgiving person, so I believe I will post twice today, say three Hail Marys, and all will be forgiven. It will be as if the missed November 15th post never really happened.