Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Party's Over

After 3 days of wearing sweats, baking, and playing with Teddy in the snow, our snow days have come to a close.  We have a 2 hour late start this morning thanks to working in the only district in Clackamas County that actually waited to see if there would be snow before canceling classes. Most districts called it last night, despite warming temps and rain.  But alas, OC waited, and upon seeing that most of the snow was going or gone, told us to come to work.  While this is the more responsible and community PR-minded decision, I wouldn't have minded just one more day.  Tis the season to be gluttonous about laziness.

But now my mindset has shifted about the weather.  I have things to do!  Winter break starts Friday at 3:15 and I have parties to attend!  Shopping to finish!  Plays to see!  Places to travel!  I really don't want the weather to mess up my plans.  

If I haven't said it enough, enjoy the season!  Drive safe!  Eat fudge!

No comments: