Sunday, September 26, 2010

Señorita Crankypants

I really believe that my little girl is a sweetheart through and through.  She is cuddly and perfect and behaves like an angel in all social situations.  I'm completely in love with her.  But like all normal babies, she has her moments of fussiness and they tend to always fall between 7 and 11pm.  I wish I could figure out what the problem is because she is so sad and sad for me, because this is the time I am the most exhausted.  (You would think the exhaustion would occur at the 2am slot but oddly enough, it doesn't.)  It comes on with no warning (other than we know it will happen each night, I mean she just suddenly is pissed off) and then stops just as suddenly.  As soon as she stops, she falls asleep for what I consider "the night", though she is not sleeping through the entire night.  I would say that she consistently falls asleep at 12:30am.  I've been trying to time her feedings so that she can maximize this sleeping time, but I don't think it is working very well.  Camille ate her last meal of the night last night at roughly 10pm.  She fell asleep at 11:30 and is still sleeping.  (So why are you up, Mindy?  Well, I happen to have one of the worst stomachaches ever so I'm sipping 7Up and waiting for the Pepto to kick in, because that is what I should be doing when my infant daughter is having one of the best stretches of sleep she's ever had, thankyouverymuch.  Grrr...)

Anyway, 6 weeks is supposed to be the peak of her fussiness so I'm hoping this is going to start to fade away and we can then work on longer stretches of sleep at night.  That way I can get some real blogging done while my whole family happily snoozes away in the other room.  Grrr...

No comments: