Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mini golf and waffle guy

I was looking through my photos for inspiration for my blog post and I found these. The first I posted because it is so funny to me. We were in Orlando for Bill's family reunion and played mini golf. As you can see from the blaring sign, it was a pirate themed mini golf course. I thought pirates made you walk the plank. I didn't know they put you in the stocks. Another stereotype distinguished.

This picture comes from the hotel lobby. The subject is not a member of Bill's family, but he is sitting across from 2 of Bill's aunts who aren't in the shot. One of his aunts was giggling uncontrollably because this gentlemen, who we didn't know, just kept talking and talking and talking to them. They kept looking at the group of us standing behind him with these desperate looks on their faces but they are both too polite and sweet to excuse themselves from the one sided conversation.

The other funny thing about this gentleman is that he lives in Orlando but takes a week long vacation every year at this particular hotel, also in Orlando. He helps out the kitchen staff and makes guests waffles during the continental breakfast. Very, very nice man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't like that fact the waffle guy might not have had his food handler license. I stuck with cereal.

Anonymous said...

I voting 20-28. That way you have something to shoot 4.