Sunday, November 8, 2009

Waterlogged in Centralia

Every year around the holidays myself and some friends from college meet in Centralia for lunch. Three come from Seattle area and 3 of us are from Portland. Last year, we decided to take the train up and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, so this year we booked again. Unfortunately, one of my friends had to cancel so it was just two of us.

Long story short, we missed the train. We would have made it but the parking lot was full. They closed the gate as we were running up. I've never missed anything before so I was very disappointed in myself. My parents are notoriously late to everything, and not just by minutes but hours. It drives me absolutely crazy so I make a big effort to never be late.

It all worked out. Amtrak refunded our tickets (thank goodness) and we jumped in the car and drove. It was fine, but it rained the ENTIRE way up and the ENTIRE way back. Sheets of rain that left rivers in the ruts of the freeway that I hydroplaned through. Yuck. But the trip was delightful and it was great to see friends.

No comments: